125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Finding It – Leah Marie Brown

Format: Kindle
Source: Netgalley
Buy on Amazon
Goodreads

Falling in love is the ultimate faux pas.   Anything can happen in a year! Unemployed, homeless, and left at the altar, Vivia Perpetua Grant could see her future as a flannel pajama wearing spinster—or worse, a bag lady shuffling around Golden Gate Park. But for a girl obsessed with rock music, Chinese take-out, and the color pink, misfortune is another word for opportunity. Vivia has found her niche as an international travel writer and the long-distance lover of Jean-Luc de Caumont, an über-hot French literature professor and competitive cyclist.   Still, even with so much going right, Vivia can’t help but wonder if something isn’t missing. The long distance thing is taking its toll on a girl who didn’t have that many tokens to begin with. And fate seems to be tempting her at every turn, first with a hunky Scottish helicopter pilot, and then with a British celebrity bad boy...Will Vivia continue to keep it real or will she discover some old habits die hard?

This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.

♦ Vivia Grant is the type of character I am looking for in a fun chick lit read. Funny, tenacious and slightly neurotic, she exemplifies what makes a good lead. This was the second in a series, but I did not feel lost having not read the first one. The only thing I was missing was the like of her boyfriend as he was barely featured in this book, and when he was I did not super care for him. But putting him aside it was the supporting cast of friends, Poppy and Fanny, that made this book. They are the kind of girlfriends we all look for and their addition elevated this book. Vivia did have her moments of flighty-ness and there were one or two times I wanted to shake her, but over all she is reminiscent of Becky Bloomwood from the Shopaholic series. So if you are looking for a fast fun read Finding It should go on your list.

◊ Favorite lines from Chapter 24 – “Life is about choices, my girl.”… “Thirty years ago, I made the choice to give up my career and follow your father to America. I did it because I loved him and because I couldn’t imagine spending a day without him. Now, I realize it was because I couldn’t imagine what I would do if I had to spend a day without him keeping me centered and focused.”… “I regret that I let one choice dictate a thousand other choices. I could have made the choice to go back to painting, to teach, to show in galleries around California, but I didn’t. I let the fear that comes with possibility cripple me.”

Source: http://125pages.com/finding-it-leah-marie-brown