◊ Favorite line from chapter Special Delivery – “Maybe that’s what a good relationship is – something that makes you feel like you might be in heaven even when you’re in a hole.”
¤ Biggest cliché – “This thing is just like this other really cool thing, but not really.”
Δ What have you read solely because it was compared to something else?
I received this book for free from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.
Copygirl by Anna Mitchael, Michelle Sassa
Published by Penguin on October 6, 2015
Genres: Fiction, Contemporary Women, Romance, Contemporary
Buy on Amazon
Mad Men meets The Devil Wears Prada in this lively debut about a young woman working at the hippest ad agency in New York...
So. You want to work in advertising. The glitz, the glamour, the cocktail-fueled brainstorming sessions and Xbox breaks. Sounds like a dream job, right?
Wrong. The reality can be a nightmare. There are five simple rules for succeeding in the ad world—and I think I’ve already broken every single one…
1) Never let them see you cry. Even if your best friend breaks your heart. And posts it all over social media.
2) Be one of the boys. And, if you were born with the wrong equipment, flaunt what you've got to distract them while you get ahead.
3) Come up with the perfect pitch in an instant—or have your resumé ready to go at all times.
4) Trust no one. Seriously. If you don't watch your back, they'll steal your ideas, your pride, even your stapler.
5) Most importantly, don’t ever, under any circumstances, be a CopyGirl.
Trust me. I know…