125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

The Broken Hearts Book Club – Lynsey James

The Broken Hearts Book Club is one of those cute reads that you can just sink into. I really enjoyed Lynsey James’ first book Just the Way You Are and she is going to be my Author Tuesday for December 8, 2015. So when I heard she had a newly released second book, I jumped at the chance to read it and I’m very glad I did. Lucy is an every girl who has never found her place. Great at planning but short on execution, she is sacked from her job the week before her grandmothers funeral. Returning to her small town home for the first time in eight years is an added shock to her system. Then she finds out her grandmother left her the local book club in her will. The world building was solid as was the pacing. The characters were generally well fleshed out, the two best friends could have used a little more build up but they were still solid. Lucy is one of those characters who tries so very hard to do everything right and always screws it up, very Becky Bloomwood-ish. A few times it was a little much, as one person is not that integral to everyone in the entire town. But the story was always redeemed by the good at the heart of the story. I also enjoyed the semi-surprise twist of why Lucy had not been back to town for so long. The love story was decent but a little too giant surprises at every turn. Even with those few detraction's I still really enjoyed The Broken Hearts Book Club, it was a solid read with a cute heart.

Favorite lines – This gorgeous little corner of the world was woven into every fibre of me and I loved it more than I could ever express. I wanted today to stretch on forever; a little slice of heaven that could be spun out for a lifetime.

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://125pages.com/broken-hearts-book-club-lynsey-james