125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

The Road to Little Dribbling – Bill Bryson

Oh Bill Bryson, I haven’t read one of your books in years, but The Road to Little Dribbling brought me right back. My sister is the person who originally introduced me to Bryson back in the early 2000’s withIn A Sunburned Country. I followed that with A Walk in the Woods and of course Notes From a Small Island. The Road to Little Dribbling is the follow up to Notes From a Small Island written twenty years later. I enjoy Bryson’s mix of anecdotes and historical facts. It is a true talent to be able to a make a story about museum exhibits and pay toilets synch up and be entertaining.

In The Road to Little Dribbling Bryson returns to a few of the same locals he previously visited, as well as new locations. Bryson is able to wrap the mundane in such interesting turns of phrase that catching trains and sitting on bus benches are a delight. At times the history inserted is a little dry, but the mundane is always quickly abandoned for the quirky. Bryson epitomizes the peak of travel writing and each chapter and location delight the mind. I highly recommend The Road to Little Dribbling was a way to take a great mental vacation. Bill Bryson never fails to entertain and I am glad I was able to enter his world once again.

I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review

Source: http://125pages.com/road-little-dribbling-bill-bryson