125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Inception – Bianca Scardoni

Vampires, Angels and Nephilim oh my. I realized as I was reading Inceptionthat what my life was missing was a new fantastic YA paranormal series. And I found it in Bianca Scardoni’s debut. Jemma witnesses her father’s death at the hands of a vampire. After a brief stint at a mental hospital, ’cause, ya’know vampires don’t exist, she goes to live with her Uncle in Hollow Hills, a creepy little town that hides many secrets. As Jemma navigates her new world, strange things and people surround her. A boy who hates her on site, a boy she craves on site and a mean girl all collide to show her the truth.

Bianca Scardoni can weave a tale. Blending the supernatural with teen angst, she crafted a riveting, read it in one sitting, book. The world created was vivid, I could see the fog and feel the chill in the air as I read. The pacing was rapid and never lagged. The characters, oh the characters, they were something special. The interplay between them was special. Each new person introduced enhanced the story. The emotions rode strong in this one. The sorrow, anger and fear were palpable. The plot was fantastic. Never slipping from the rocky path created, it drew me in and then left me in dismay with a giant cliffhanger.

Inception is a new series that will resonate with YA Paranormal fans everywhere. Sharp and smart, this is a series to anxiously await the next installment. Bianca Scardoni is an author to watch. If her debut is this good, I have high hopes for the next one.

Favorite lines – He didn’t answer. Something in his weary eyes told me he’d given up on wishing a long time ago. Like he had seen and done too much to ever go back to that childlike state of wishing. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I wondered if my own eyes would end up looking that way someday. If I, too, would outgrow my wishes.

Source: http://125pages.com/inception-bianca-scardoni