125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah – Erin Jade Lange

I so enjoyed Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah. A fast read that spans two crazy days but has a great heart at the center. A random group of kids, a stolen car full of heroin and dealers who want their stash back. What could go wrong? With this premise we join Sam, York, Andi and Boston on the craziest night of their lives. A group forced together by circumstance, they must learn to work together.

Erin Jade Lange created a sharp read with heart. The world created was real, the pacing was quick and the writing was sharp. I enjoyed that all of the characters had depth. There was reasoning behind everything they did. I was impressed that the characters place in their schools social structure really fed into their behaviors and made them all the more real. There were great emotions weaved throughout as well. Learning the back story to each teen opened them up and made them all the more real. Erin Jade Lange did a great job of melding heart, humor and pain in her characters.

Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah is a different type of YA read and I really enjoyed it. It veered from the typical social structure teen book in such a great way. The action driving the plot helped elevate it beyond the normal. Erin Jade Lange created a read that can span from teen to adult readers and keep them all entertained. This brought to mind touches of the Breakfast Club mixed with an action caper in a great melding. Fun and sharp, Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah is a great read.

Favorite lines – He waited until I looked up at him, then said quietly, “I made a mistake. I own it.” I shook my head but kept my eyes locked on his. “Kind of sounds like it owns you.”

Source: http://125pages.com/rebel-bully-geek-pariah-erin-jade-lange