125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

The Two of Us: A Novel – Andy Jones

I am always interested when I see a love type story written by a man, from the perspective of a male. There are not many of them out there and I always enjoy seeing them, as they provide a different take on a typical romance-ish tale. The Two of Us is the story of Fisher and Ivy; who meet, fall fast and then get thrown for a loop neither of them expected. Thrust together, two strangers attempt to keep their initial spark going through some of the most difficult things either has ever faced. From meeting the families, to moving in together to figuring out if they truly belong together, Fisher and Ivy are a different kind of love story.

Andy Jones created a world full of emotion. The Two of Us had nice depth and the plot was intriguing. I really enjoyed the rapid love story melding into real life. It is not an easy thing in real life to maneuver from insta-love/lust to finding a meaningful center and Jones handled it well. The writing was sharp and conveyed the emotion well. The pacing was also well done, covering a year full of immense change for all of the characters without feeling rushed or dragging. The characters were well fleshed out. I really liked the male point of view, and it helped enhance the other characters as they were all seen from one distinct viewpoint.

The Two of Us was a smart, sharp and poignant look at what happens when you fall hard and fast. Choices are made, with almost no forethought, which may ultimately change the rest of your life. Jones created a protagonist that you rooted for, even when he was being an ass. A story with unexpected heart, The Two of Us was a read I greatly enjoyed, and I look forward to what Jones crafts next.

I received this book for free from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://125pages.com/two-us-novel-andy-jones