125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

The Deepest Well – Juliette Cross

Angels, demons, supernatural fighters, what’s not to like? Starting in the early 1800’s in England, George meets Lady Katherine, an average woman married to an asshat. What Katherine doesn’t know is that her husband is in league with demons and George is destined to fight them. A deep attraction begins that endangers them both. George will stop at nothing to save the woman he loves, even if he puts the future of the world in danger.

The Deepest Well is a prequel to Juliette Cross’ The Vessel Trilogy. Having not read it, this was a new world to me. And what a world it is. Nuanced and multi-leveled, the author was able to create a realistic world filled with heavenly creatures and their counterparts from the netherworld. The characters shone. Each had a very developed place in the world. The pacing was spot on and even when it spanned centuries, it flowed well. The writing was detailed and packed an emotional punch.

I became so invested in Juliette Crosses’ world that I went and bought The Vessel Trilogy for my Kindle as soon as I finished The Deepest Well. Cross has a unique voice in the paranormal genre that I want to experience again. I hope the next instalment of theAge of Gray series comes quickly, as I can’t wait to immerse myself in that world again.

Favorite lines – Some hurts dig too deep, finding their way into your heart and soul, opening a chasm until there is no possible way to escape unscathed.

I received this book for free from Bewitching Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://125pages.com/deepest-well-juliette-cross