125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

We Just Clicked – Sophie Childs

Since I had previously reviewed Sophie Childs’ debut Behind the Scenes (it was the 5th book I reviewed on 125Pages) the publisher preapproved me for her new one, We Just Clicked. I am glad they did, as this was a cute and fast read that showed author growth. Erin had the perfect life, engaged to an amazing man, she looked down at her best friend Bex’s online dating adventures. Then weeks before the wedding her fiancé calls it off. Unsure what to do, she signs up online to appease Bex and her mom. Online dating is rough and between dates who tell her she may only order water and who take her on a ride along to stalk his ex, Erin s lost. Then one message appears and Erin’s life may change forever.

Sophie Childs created a very real world peppered with online dating moments we have all heard about. The pacing is brisk and the humor sharp. The plot was well conceived and packed a lot in a shorter book. The writing was good,  although my dreaded “a third party said something about my relationship and instead of checking with the one I love, I’m just gonna leave” reared its ugly head. The characters were well placed in the world and they were full of emotion, sometimes a touch to much.

I enjoyed Childs’ sophomore effort. I could see that she has grown as an author and is adding more complexity to her writing. We Just Clicked is a cute quick read that satisfied my romance sweet tooth. I will keep an eye out for Sophie Childs next book, as I think they will just get better and better.

Source: http://125pages.com/just-clicked-sophie-childs