125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

I Met Someone – Bruce Wagner

I Met Someone was so close to being the first book I have ever DNF’d. It was just so not for me. I opened with a self absorbed star name dropping like it was her full time job, moved to a young man who did things for the LULZ (and then explained that LULZ were a step beyond an LOL) and good lord the selfishness that abounded. Then a bright shining spot. Around 13% in, there was a section that was just moving. Full of emotion and depth, I was hooked. Then it got worse, and then worse, and then just so much no. This is marketed as a suspense/thriller and it is not. It is a contemporary fiction about awful people, doing awful things to people they supposedly love. To say much more would require spoilers and I am not about that. So I will just say I just did not like I Met Someone; if that one bright shining moment could have carried through I would have loved it. Bruce Wagner has a unique voice and he can connect with readers, just not this one.

Source: http://125pages.com/met-someone-bruce-wagner