125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday – Christine Reilly

I have been anticipating Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday for months. I checked and my first mention of it on the site was back in December 2015. When I received the ARC I wanted to read it right away, but schedules and all that. I also was leery as it couldn’t be as good as I hoped. I had built it up to a point that I was sure I would be disappointed. And for the first few chapters I was. Claudio and Mathilde, in the beginning, were just too cool and NYC hip. But then, their backstories began to come out and I started to like them. However, once their children entered the story I loved them. Natasha, Lucy and Carly were the heart of the story. Once they entered it changed the whole dynamic in a very powerful way.

The plot was very unique; it encompassed a family and the myriad happenings of almost everyday life in a very powerful way. Christine Reilly’s writing was suburb; nuanced and vivid. The pacing had a few issues in the beginning but once the girls came in, it was smooth. The world built also had a few glitches in the beginning but again, once the daughters came in it became very real. Ah, the emotions. Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday broke me at the end. This was no dainty sniffle book, but rather a throat tightening, gut punch kindof read. The characters were the true heart ofSunday’s on the Phone to Monday. The three girls wrapped around each other in a powerful way and their love for one another trickled to the other characters and once you saw them in their light you had no choice to also love them.

Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday is a powerhouse of a book. Full of emotions and hidden gems, it is a read to savor. Christine Reilly’s debut speaks of great things to come from an author with a true and unique voice.

I received this book for free from Edelweiss, Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://125pages.com/sundays-on-the-phone-to-monday-christine-reilly