125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Meternity – Meghann Foye

Meternity – Meghann FoyeMeternity by Meghann Foye
Published by Mira on April 26, 2016

Meternity is about the lengths a person will go to, to make their dreams come true. Liz is tired of seeing all of the mommies at work get to leave early and have a relaxing time off after the baby is born. She decides to fake a pregnancy and use her maternity leave to fulfill her dreams of traveling and being a travel writer. Unfortunately, being on the mommy tack is not as easy as it originally seemed and when she meets a man that may be the one, Liz will have to make some serious choices.

I feel like I have read this plot before (The Thin Pink Line). A women perpetuating a lie to get ahead and then hijinks and misunderstandings ensue, is a “chick-lit” standard. I did enjoy the writing of Meghann Foye, it was quick and sharp. There were some very funny moments sprinkled about and it made the standard plot a step above the norm. The pacing had some very slow and some very fast sections, but it all averaged out in the end. The world built was secondary to the characters, and while it was laid out, it was not super detailed. There were plenty of emotions in Meternity, selfishness being the number one. I could not really connect with the characters but they were well fleshed out and worked well together within the scope of the story that Foye created.

Meternity was a quick read that while fun, was also frustrating. I understand wanting to live your life to the fullest and achieve your dreams, but the way the main character, Liz, went about it just rubbed me the wrong way. I know this was supposed to be a light romp, but she accepted gifts at a baby shower, preferential treatment at work and consistently lied to her dream man, and everyone around her. Meternity was a decent read and I know others who loved it, it was just not my favorite.

I received this book for free from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://125pages.com/meternity-meghann-foye