125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Stirred – Tracy Ewens

Stirred – Tracy EwensStirred by Tracy Ewens
Series: A Love Story #5
Published by Tracy Ewens on May 10, 2016

There is just something about Tracy Ewens’ books that I enjoy. Smart, sharp romances with intelligent females and good guys. There is no posturing, no reforming a bad boy, just two people on a path to each other. Stirred is the story of Sage a mixologist and Garrett, who runs his big family farm. He puts work first, family second and his love life last. Sage has loved him quietly for almost two years and has given up on him ever getting his crap together. She embarks on a self-help book’s plan to open up and embrace her inner naughty girl. Garrett has taken care of his family since his mother left him and his two younger siblings and doesn’t have time for dating or romance. But suddenly, Sage is breaking through his barriers and he just might want a little more than friendship.

The plot of Stirred was great. A love story with a lot of heart, some steam and some people who really deserve happiness. I have always enjoyed the writing of Tracy Ewens. She is able to craft smart women who know what they want and are willing to go after it. She has a way of writing to the emotions of a story and letting that be her guide. The pacing did have a few small bumps where a larger than expected period of time passed, but the story would quickly take over and it did not hamper my enjoyment at all. The world built for the main story was minimal. This is the fifth book in the series and all of the players and places have already been structured. However, there was build up to, what I believe, will be the next group of people that will be featured in the series. I felt that some of that transition was clunky and interfered with the main story, but it does make me wonder what will happen next. There were plenty of emotions in this read. It was nice to see a male character struggle with his feelings and not just be a macho man. The characters are where Ewens shines. Full of life and attitude, I loved Sage and found her to be a refreshing lead. Garrett was a sexy farmer with a hardened heart, so of course I had to love him.

Tracy Ewens’ A Love Story series is one I will happily continue to read. Fun and fast, they are a welcome break from some of the more serious books I read. Now, don’t take that as a bad thing, because it is not at all. Sometimes we just need a book that will make us happy and Stirred is one of those. I was unsure of where the series would arc after this book, as everyone featured in the world has been paired, but I am pretty sure I see where the next three books will go. If there are another three in the A Love Story series I happily say, sign me up.

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://125pages.com/stirred-tracy-ewens