125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Winter Fae – Suza Kates

Format: Kindle
Source: Netgalley
Buy on Amazon
Goodreads

Born of ancient and magickal bloodlines, Tate Whiteburn and her sisters have been blessed in many ways—new abilities, the return of a lost loved one, and the protection of a goddess. But these gifts have drawn the attention of an Iele Fae prince, a cruel being who craves the power of the sisters three, those known in his world as the Daughters of Nadia.
As if things aren’t complicated enough, there’s Jack—the boy Tate loved, the man she deserted. With a quest begun and new enemies at every turn, she is torn between duty and desire.
When they find themselves in another world, will their rekindled love put them at risk? Or be the only force that can save them?

This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.

fairy dust

♦ Tate, Fiona and Sami were born to fulfill a prophesy. Joining two powerful bloodlines, Romani and Welsh, the daughters of Nadia were linked to the Fae even before birth. Traveling to the land of Faerie and the Winter Court sets their destinies on course. The Winter Fae could have been great. The premise was solid but everything else was average. It was very reminiscent of one of Nora Robert’s supernatural trilogies; three women, three men, three books. You know that a couple is going to come out of each book and each book will wrap up pretty tidily with a small cliffhanger leading into the “big finish”. Where I hoped for action and tension there was “we were here, then we were there”. I like action, tension and drama melded with my supernatural romance and the were hints but no big wow factor. Now this did not make this a bad book, just average. I will probably read the second two as the remaining sisters’ matches are much more intriguing then the first. I hope the average was just due to the world building and the action and drama are yet to come.

◊ Favorite lines from Chapter 12 – “I’m sorry,” Fiona said. “For the loss of my eyes? Or for your reaction?” Fiona wrung her hands. “Um . . . both.” “Don’t waste your sympathy on me, girl.” The oracle pointed a long fingernail, as dark as her sockets. “No one took my eyes . No one, that is, but me.” “You did that to yourself?” Sami asked. “I did.” Shoulders back, the oracle stood proudly. “The loss of one sight improves another. Only the most dedicated of my kind are willing to make the sacrifice.”

¤ Biggest cliché – “I love you but I’m bad for you so go. No, stay. No, go.”

Δ How much world building is too much?

Source: http://125pages.com/winter-fae-suza-kates