125pages

125Pages

Books are my happy place

Unhinge A Novel – Calia Read

Unhinge kept me up after 2 a.m. and I don’t regret it one bit. This is just my type of psychological thriller; it kept me unsure till the very end. Victoria and her daughter have been living in Fairfax hospital for three years. Victoria checked herself in to get away from her husband. Victoria knows everyone says he is dead but he visits her every night and she needs to feel safe. As Victoria attempts to reconcile her memories with what she sees, and keep her daughter safe, the past begins to catch up with her.

Unhinge had quite a few things going for it. The world built was vivid, the pacing was solid and quick, and the characters were very well fleshed out. Victoria was a very strong lead, even with her shattered memories and carried the story to perfection. The cover being beautiful is an added bonus.

I loved that Unhinge kept me guessing. There was one plot point I figured out pretty early on, but other than that one item I was surprised by each twist and turn. The ending seemed a bit rushed but still delivered a solid finish. Calia Read created an interesting world that I enjoyed being immersed in. Unhinge is a great example of the new wave of female based psychological thrillers that I have been loving this past year. Strong and smart, Unhinge is worth a read.

Source: http://125pages.com/unhinge-novel-calia-read